Attention all historic Oregon newspaper lovers! The Library of Congress and National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) have added hundreds of new Oregon newspaper issues to Chronicling America, the nation’s free, online, keyword-searchable historic newspaper database!
New content includes:
- Ashland, OR. Ashland Tidings (May 30, 1912-June 6, 1917)
- Salem, OR. Daily Capital Journal (now available from Nov. 25, 1903-Dec. 8, 1916)
- Enterprise, OR. The News=Record (Aug. 31, 1907-Dec. 28, 1910)
- Enterprise, OR. Enterprise News-Record (Dec. 31, 1910-June 7, 1911)
- Toledo, OR. Lincoln County Leader (March 9, 1893-Dec. 28, 1922)
- Grants Pass, OR. Rogue River Courier – weekly (Sept. 27, 1900-Dec. 26, 1913)
- Grants Pass, OR. Rogue River Courier – daily (May 9, 1913-Dec. 31, 1918)
- St. Helens, OR. St. Helens Mist (June 19, 1914-April 22, 1921)
- Joseph, OR. Wallowa Chieftain (Jan. 2, 1902-Jan. 7, 1909)
- Enterprise, OR. Wallowa County Chieftain (Jan. 14, 1909-Dec. 29, 1910)
In addition to these Oregon titles, Chronicling America now has an additional 800,000 new newspaper pages from more than 130 new titles from across the country, including all new content from Indiana and North Dakota, as well as new content in French and Spanish from Arizona, Louisiana and New Mexico.
For more info, please see the NEH Announcement of New Release of Chronicling America.