St. Helens Mist: New Content Just Added!

New content from Columbia County’s first newspaper, St. Helens’ Oregon Mist, later titled the St. Helens Mist, has just been added to the Historic Oregon Newspapers website!

Masthead from the Oregon Mist: "Largest Circulation in the County, The Oregon Mist, Twice a Week"

The Oregon mist. (St. Helens, Columbia County, Or.) 188?-1913, March 27, 1912, Image 1.

Working backwards through time in our digitization efforts, the Oregon Mist is now available for keyword searching and browsing from July 15, 1910-Feb. 14, 1913, and the St. Helens Mist is now available from Jan. 2, 1913-April 22, 1921. This newly added content was digitized in partnership with the St. Helens Public Library, with a grant from the Columbia County Cultural Coalition.

Image from page one of the Oregon Mist - a photograph of a schoolhouse building with caption that reads: "The New School House at St. Helens."

The Oregon mist. (St. Helens, Columbia County, Or.) 188?-1913, April 10, 1912, Image 1.

Earlier issues of the Oregon Mist, from Aug. 7, 1891-July 7, 1910, are scheduled to be digitized over the next two years as part of the National Digital Newspaper Program. Stay tuned for more announcements and highlights to come!

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Announcements

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Skip to toolbar