Happy New Year from the Oregon Digital Newspaper Program!
As of today, January 11, 2019, the ODNP website has surpassed 1 million pages online! Only a handful of statewide newspaper digitization and preservation programs have over 1 million pages and we are happy to be in their ranks.
2018 has been an exciting year for the Program. We accomplished the following:
- Added over 75,000 pages to the website.
- Partnered with 4 libraries, 1 public donor, 1 private donor, and 4 organizations for digitization projects.
- Received a $23,000 anonymous donation to digitize Just Out, The Advocate, and four more Portland-based titles.
- Featured on NDN History Research blog and Building Knowledge.
- Contributed to the Reveal Digital project with the digitization The Western American.
- Added another high school newspaper, The Amplifier.
- Exhibited and presented at five conferences.
- Added eight new user stories to the blog, including information about how the website was used for four authors and their publications, an undergraduate class, genealogists, and a UO graduate student’s dissertation.
… and more!
As always, thanks to all of our newspaper digitization enthusiasts for supporting the Program. Without outreach and advocacy, we would not know about all of the users and interesting research that is done with the website!
Most importantly, thanks to the past and present ODNP team who do all of the work to digitize and preserve the newspapers, and keep the website up and running.
2019 is looking exciting. Please reach out if you want to get involved and add your local newspaper title to the website.